Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-06-2014 , 10:56 PM

UV texture editor + cut faces?

I have a feathered model which I am try to perfect the mesh feathers. I am trying to get all the feather meshes to line up with the texture I am using. I don't want to individually cut up each feather.
I can select the faces that need adjusting all at once in the UV editor. But I can't "adjust" the faces. I don't want the UV to change at all. Is there a way to use the cut faces tool in the UV editor or is there a similar tool out there?

I have been selecting the faces, smoothing them and then trying to get close enough to the feathered textures. It doesn't work well at all. If you have a solution, please help.
user added image