Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-02-2004 , 11:32 PM

Special animation request

I'm trying to do a special kind of animation.

It's a building and I'd like to make a movie in wich the camera looks around in a room (in a loop) till I press spacebar (or any other key) and then the camera moves on to the next room.

I also don't want to have any weird jumps in the sequence when changing movies but have fluid motions.

Is this possible, and how?

# 2 25-02-2004 , 11:55 PM
The Maya Mountain
I would think you'd need some sort of application written for you in addition to the art related needs.

# 3 26-02-2004 , 07:37 AM
You should try virtual reality. In Maya you could only create the models, but for the animation you have to program a VR application.
If you are asking how to make this, maybe it could be too difficult for you, sorry...
Anyway try some VR related forum in the internet. You could find some more info.

# 4 26-02-2004 , 09:40 AM
Thanks for the replies and yes VR is definately out of my league.

What about if I render the different movies and edit them on flash or aftereffects could I get what I'm looking for? (I don't know how this programs work and I'm just guessing here)

# 5 29-02-2004 , 04:31 PM
i am in bit of scrape to find new tutrioal for creating animation!

# 6 01-03-2004 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
There are some simpler vertual reality programs out there that you should be able to use maya with. Just do Google serches. Also using only maya is very posible. Just use mel.