Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-04-2007 , 11:22 PM

Cut Edge Ring Tool

does any body knows where in maya 8.0 is Cut Edge Ring Tool (which is in maya 7.0 and very uselful)

theres a similar tools called cut faces tool in maya 8.0 , but this one cuts in one plane, so i dont like it

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it
# 2 17-04-2007 , 12:13 AM
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen that tool in my menu's either (maya 8.5) (not to say that it isn't). Did you do a search in the Maya help file? Odd, if Autodesk did away with it.

Anyway, I downloaded MJ Poly Tools from another site and am pretty sure it's in there. Note: Though I havn't had any problems with using MJPoly Tools, others say it can leave unwanted verts and such.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 17-04-2007 , 02:46 AM
cut edge ring tool? there is no suck thing. there is an insert edge ring tool, and a select edge ring tool, but there was never a cut edge ring tool... there is a cut faces tool though

in maya 8, they tried that plane cutting tool thing you mention, and then they switched back in 8.5.... sorry

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 17-04-2007 , 03:30 AM
Yea Joopson's right! I went home for lunch and there was no such thing.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 17-04-2007 , 08:16 PM
sorry guys it was insert edge ring tool

heh

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it