Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-04-2007 , 02:31 PM

apply nodes?

Hi...

I'm new to Maya, I'm importing a character from other program. The importation created a lot of duplicated vetices so I used "Merge vertices" and a node was created for the mesh.

Is there any way to apply the "Merge vertices" node (or any other transformation node) and obtain the resulting mesh, and not the original one being modified by all the transformation nodes.

Just like what CTRL+d does but all in the same object, not a duplicate.

Thanks a lot for your help
ML.

# 2 27-04-2007 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

What may be better is not to import a character to a scene.

It may be worth making a reference. This is like importing, but rather than copying data into your scene (and making the file size bigger), it reads the data from the file - or refers to it!

It may also solve your problem.

# 3 27-04-2007 , 01:39 AM
Senior Software Developer
Instanceing an object in a scene will make a duplaice, but this would not increase your file size.

If you are importing a file, and its got dupilcated faces I would say the import settings are incorrect or the original model has the same issue. What is the file type you are importing from as some work better than others?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)