Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-04-2008 , 08:11 PM

Mirroring blend shape

Hi,

does anyone know an easy way to mirror blend shapes in Maya 2008? Mirroring targets doesn't work, neither does duplicating with a -1 scale.

At the moment I can get around it by mirroring one target, making a duplicate of my base, then vert snap around the target, but it's long winded.

Surely this must be something people want to do a lot?

cheers

gubar

# 2 01-04-2008 , 08:28 PM
Make a few duplicates of your original first:

1. Model in symetry, so you have a symetrical blend shape, of lets say a smile.

2. select this symetrical smile shape and then one of the copies and make a blend shape.

3.right click on the model and go to paint> blend shape target weights.

you can then brush off part of the influence. delete history on the object and you have an aystmetrical shape.

Then just apply the symetrical shape again to another one of your copies and brush away the values on the other half of the face.

# 3 02-04-2008 , 12:14 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yup as Laurie Preist says, or you can do it in Zbrush a similar way, or theres a script available that does it..

Cheers
Jay