Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-03-2009 , 03:11 PM

Need help fixing the hands

Where should I add polygon splits to get rid of those triangles. Feel free to download the image and draw on it. Thanks.
user added image

# 2 31-03-2009 , 11:39 PM
What triangles??

# 3 01-04-2009 , 08:06 AM
Subscriber
bluemana: there are at least 5 there...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 01-04-2009 , 12:20 PM
I think that the fingers need more topology. Try adding 2 more lops where the fingers bend. Then add a line that goes on the middle of the finger(Fingers arent flat) user added image

There are thousends of examples of hands out there(both hi and low poly) study them.

# 5 03-04-2009 , 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Chirone
bluemana: there are at least 5 there...

I see.

I guess La Bomb could try or to add/cut line at the middle of the hand, then collapse the edges that intersects the trigangles, there would still be triangles but they wouldn't go across the entire hand...
Or match the number of lines that goes from the fingers to the arm.