Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 151 06-03-2006 , 10:10 AM
Subscriber
he was just an ordinary kid. From a good family (looked like that when we went to his house but you never know what goes on behind locked doors?? he was no feak until he did that, then the whole world went spiralling I guess, after that I gave up the job, it was too much for me. normal domestic, relationship, adult drug use (poor me poor me, that's all they say, rarely did dope addicts have an insight into what they were really doing to them selves) was easy enough but...

anyway it was too much for me, he was a nice kid, wrong crowd

take it easy and life will be easy
# 152 07-03-2006 , 02:37 AM
hi I am new member just join recently...and I found this topic quite interesting... is it all about relationship thingy? the thread too long and I not be abled to finish it in short time...

# 153 07-03-2006 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
it was/is but seems to have become ..? what do the opther guys think? It is supposed to be about Maya and the effect on relationships but there's no rules now, I don't think. Guys, is there any rules apart from , maya and relationships (at this time it seems, relationship with anything).

# 154 07-03-2006 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
yep no rules...hehe
im a little to young for maya to get into relatioships. plus i dont have a gf.

and only geeks are allowed..........jk

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 155 07-03-2006 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
Geeks shall inherit the Earth my friend, im just biding my time.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 156 07-03-2006 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Amen!!...............lol

# 157 07-03-2006 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
amen...user added image

# 158 08-03-2006 , 12:13 AM
amenuser added image user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 159 09-03-2006 , 08:21 AM
Subscriber
Amen too that again.

are there any nerds left in these forums??

# 160 09-03-2006 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
what's a nerd and what's a geek?

this thread is slowing down somewhat, eh?? lads?? any women out there that want to tell us how it feels to take first place over and above maya, or any women out there that can tell us what it's like to take second place to a computer screen...

any guys got anything to tell us on how to keep it all in balance??

13th, give us the mail my friend!! give us some news, gossip, something?!

# 161 09-03-2006 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
Well I believe that a geek is someone who has knowledge about a subject (be it Maya, Dungeons and Dragons ... whatever) but still manages to have a life. Sill manages to have at least one finger in reality.

A nerd is someone who has the knowledge but likes to show off about it as well. Maybe his CPU is faster or he has more front side bus or whatever.

I use to work in a game shop and let me tell you, there are a hell of a lot of nerds still about.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 162 09-03-2006 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
Tim you have given me serious self doubt. The ‘real’ world holds little interest for me and seems to knock ‘harshly’ on the door at any time of the day or night. I never leave home except to go to uni. My social life is going to clubs to film bands who believe it is their responsibility to impart important messages to the world, even if the words are ineligible. I then run home as fast as possible. Everywhere people seem angry, competitive and defensive, which I find a dangerous combination.

I do brag about my CPU because I find it more interesting than most things ‘real.’ Even so, I have one foot firmly planted in reality and I think that explains the above, reality sucks. The news is always bad because it sells more cars, big Macs, football and ice-cream than good news does. It leaves the world community in a constant state of fear which is so obviously transparent as a form of government control over the masses, and still there is nothing that can be done to control it because there is no balance between ‘super powers’ now because there is only one (not mentioning any names, but.., well,,. umm…, the USA) with the Islamic states sick of being treated like uncivilised tribesmen when they have actually been civilized for a lot longer than most. Now they have been demonized while the superpower walks all over parts of their territory using excuses that have been proven lies. One Israeli is killed and a whole Palestinian village is destroyed while the world watches impotently.

Give me my CPU any day.

# 163 10-03-2006 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
It is true that the reality that you can (that we all can) create would be a far better one than we have now.

If people realised that we have the power to shape our reality rather than just complaining about it, do you think people would put up with the war on drugs? Do you think people would put up with the arms race. This media induced fear that makes people put bigger locks on our doors and bigger guns in our hands?

It's an intereting thought.

At the end of the day were just one of billions trying to make sence of this strange thing called life in the short time that we have on this plaent. I would personaly like to make a difference and to say that I tried to help my fellow man, even if the change is very small. Maybe that is a bit presumptuous of me, but that's my state of mind at the moment in time.

Still, chin up user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 164 11-03-2006 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
Amen; the reason I'm doing film is to try and impart some message no matter how small. I believe those closest to us should come before any attempt to change the world, others would disagree.

be that as it may, in Australia there has NEVER been a buddy movie with a white Ozzy and an indigenous black person. We MUST say 'indigenous' or we can be charged for racist behaviour, while at the same time we do not have any movies with the two breeds as friends, work that out? I can't, it all seems pay off, pay off for the horror we brought to their world in the early days of this white settlement. The history books were rewritten but now some truth is being brought to light. I intend to make a film that shows people as friends, whether black, white, Asian. African, poker dot, drug addict and school master, whatever. Our country is extremely multicultural, walk down any street and there's 40% Asians, 50% whites, 5% black Australians (I can get into trouble for saying that?? 5%? yea, they are so suppressed in their own country, you wouldn't believe it mate) and the rest is mixed; Africans and people from the middle east, many wearing traditional style. BUT, have you seen any Ozzy movies that deliver this.., NO! You see a hybrid mixture of American and English styles of movie making with only white people in them. If you do see a film in Australia about black and white friends together you can bet they are Yanks who are visiting Australia on some adventure that will lead them into the wide red sands (and they are more beautiful in real life).

So my mission is to change all this.

I keep my chin up most of the time my friend. Sometimes I have to pick it up off the ground but that's OK.

# 165 11-03-2006 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
I think that is is good that you have a conviction, and a strong enough one to carry it out. Is it going to be a live action of 3D movie?

Post your WIP on it, if you can.

My girlfriend was reading you post and was curious on the racism aspect of it. She couldn't believe that they would be racist. By the way, she said that in Crocodile Dundee he has a black friend that helped him out quite a bit, does that count?

Optical Minefield
My Blog