Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 14-02-2006 , 02:35 PM
Subscriber
This is a worth while thing for all you that use your computers on a regular basis.

If you go to https://bbc.cpdn.org/index.php and download their program it will run in the background of your computer.

What then happens is that the experiment server will send a little project and your computer will work away at that and send the results back. There more people who take part the more complete the picture will be.

This is actually a cut down version of the ongoing Climate Prediction study going on at https://www.climateprediction.net/. So after you have completed the BBC one I urge you all to get the CPDN version and continue this vital work.

Cheers

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 17 15-02-2006 , 09:23 PM
Subscriber
This is a copy of a letter that I sent to my local Friends of the Earth organiser. It displays what I am thinking at this stage in my life. This depression that I am developing is now consuming all aspects of my life. Even things like my Karate which use to take my mind of it are no longer enough to stave it's hunger.

The reason why I am sharing this with you is to give you an insight of what it feels to be a man who know too much and who longs for the days when ignorance was bliss.

"Dear Paula

I feel that there are some grave things on my mind that I need to express. This prospect of Climate Chaos is rather getting me down to a great extent and im at a loss as to what to do about it. I guess what i'm really want to know is how you stay positive in the face of such things that are coming our way?

I feel that I could talk till im blue in the face and people will not listen, I could spend every waking moment of my life with a banner outside every Esso in the word and it would not change things. If I dropped dead tomorrow (a comforting prospect) and therefore stopped consuming the little that I do anyway we would still be on the same path.

How is it possible to celebrate things like saving a Nature Reserve when we hear that Canada is mining oil sand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? My own personal feeling I feel that any happiness I can get in my life is just eclipsed by the fact that it is going to be short lived by our very own actions.

I guess i'll say in closing, im at a loss. Im sorry if I have rambled too much but I really didn't know who else to contact

Yours"

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 18 17-02-2006 , 12:29 PM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 19 17-02-2006 , 01:38 PM
I don't know if you all know, but

Dick Chaney, the American Vice President, went hunting this weekend with a few lawyer friends. He heard a bird noise, looked in that direction, and shot blindly.
In that direction was a 78 year old lawyer. The lawyer didnt die, but was severly injured.

Irrelevent to politics, but still, its all over the US news.

The moral: hunting for sport sucks.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 20 17-02-2006 , 02:36 PM
maybe just hunt lawyers??

# 21 17-02-2006 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber
Maybe it should bring up the whole gun culture debate?

Maybe that would reduce the US murder rate some what.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 22 17-02-2006 , 04:28 PM
mmmmhhhh... hunting lawyers... without being filed a suit afterwards... i see a market there... XD

# 23 17-02-2006 , 08:23 PM
Subscriber
Is it possible to hunt with machine guns?

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 24 17-02-2006 , 09:26 PM
That would b sooo cool. XD No... you can't at least in the U.S.

I don't hunt. But I have shot a ton of guns. I shot a friends
AK-47, and it was legal, becuase he didn't have the automatic trigger in, so it was just a semi-auto.

# 25 17-02-2006 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
I personally have a problem with excess guns. It's not needed and there are clear problems with it.

I don't see how a solution can be put into place without annoying a hell of a lot of people in the process.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 26 17-02-2006 , 10:28 PM
Well, see I can't say I like guns either. The only gun I own is a paintball gun.

I don't have a direct objection to them, as they save a hell of a lot more lives then thay take in a domestic environment, in cases such as roberry, attempted rape, or attempted murder.

usually just the sight of gun will deter a criminal going for assault or some other physical crime.

Thats my 2cents

Matt user added image

# 27 18-02-2006 , 12:37 AM
'In this town, when you stick your head up, somebody shoots it off.' Dick Cheney interviewed by Tom DeFrank, 1976.

# 28 18-02-2006 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
I suggest you watch Bowling for Columbine by Michael Moore to see what effect guns really have on peoples live.

I don't doubt that guns scare people away and could probably prevent some crime, but just look at the cost in human lives you are paying for it.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 29 18-02-2006 , 03:39 PM
This is a really good show - it stays pretty objective and covers a wide range of topics. Wednesday's show was particularly good and is definitely worth checking out.

https://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/02152006

As for Michael Moore, 'Bowling for Columbine' was ok, but doesn't really offer any solutions - I think he was better when he was younger - 'Roger and Me' is a great film.

To say that guns save lives or prevents crime, I just don't think is true - if there are less guns than there are less people being shot. Most countries don't need guns or the death penalty to ensure that their citizens are law abiding.

And all hunting and killing of animals (except lawyers) is just wrong and stupid.

# 30 21-02-2006 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog