Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-03-2006 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber

displaying textures issue

this is weird. i modeled a military tank and i created my texture for it in photoshop. i loaded my jpg texture file in maya as a blinn but it doesn't appear on my model when i press 6 . i have to have high quality rendering checked under shaded for me to see it. is there a limit on the texture for maya to display it? or could i have pressed a key do disable something in maya without even knowing it? my jpg texture file is 4096x4096. thanx in advance for any feedback.

# 2 23-03-2006 , 11:01 PM
yep, thats the problem, its too big, but i believe if you render, it should showupuser added image
-andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 30-04-2006 , 01:45 PM

i am aware that this SHOULD be simple

hello. I know this isn't that related but u guys clearly know more than me. I have managed to import a photoshop file as a bmp into the hypershade texture library, but it doesn't appear in the standard maya texture bit that comes up when u add textures in the attribute editor. I've been trying for 3 hours now to apply this texture to a material. help me?

# 4 30-04-2006 , 02:43 PM
dont save it as a bmp, but as a 24-bit TGA

and chill out- we are only trying to help

Live the life you love, love the life you live