Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-06-2006 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber

Reference Image is wacked

Please forgive my nebish ways (and crappy spelling) but I am getting very frustrated and have no idea how to fix it.

I breifly looked thru the forums and didnt really find this problem. i found a similar issue with a hellicopter pic but i think that this is more sever.

I am attempting to create a plane and use it as a reference image. I create a new lambert, select the file as a color, import the image and click and drag the new lambert from the hypershader window and when i do, i get a crooked image. it is very difficult to model this way.

Ill use this pic of Robocop as an example.

I was thinkin about modeling his head but after importing the image............:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ill try and post the image but if it doesn't post, here is a link: https://www.chirp.org/badrobo.jpg

Please, any help would be appreciated. Im running XP Pro, 1gig-o-ram, Nvidia 6800 - im currently downloading the latest drivers.

Thanks,
Micah

user added image

# 2 21-06-2006 , 02:42 AM
There are quite a few threads on this...im not sure what exactly it is, but I think you need the latest drivers and the latest maya edition...

# 3 22-06-2006 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
yep. that fixed it. thx!

# 4 22-06-2006 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber
this type of thread comes up every other month.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!