SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Pivot Point Problem. Help pls

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

21-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
Andreas87cy

Pivot Point Problem. Help pls
My problem is that every time I create a new nurbs curve whereever on space, it's object pivot point is located on the 0.0.0 point (centre of the grid). How can I change so that every new nurbs curve has its pivot point on the centre of the object? And also how can I change the default new object's pivot point so lets say for examble to appear on the base of the object or on a specific translate values?

I am trying but it seems I cant find the solution. Please help

Thank u
22-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #2
stwert
EduSciVis-er

You can certainly go Modify > Center Pivot to center the pivot on the object. I don't know if you can change that to be the default setting. You can also hit insert or hold d to enter pivot edit mode, and then you should be able to snap the pivot to the grid or the curve. Hope that helps.
27-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
Bumbala

You can activate curve snapping and hold D key, which enables editing pivot, and snap along curve as you wish.