Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 03-02-2004 , 09:25 AM
Yes is me again......
Well I just finished my model and to link with bones........
But I still need to fix some envolment in each bones and after that I have to (I really don't want to but) start to mapping....and put some texture on it.......
For now just a review of my model without texture and with many bones link unfixed.........
But the final scene with texture and all the bones envolvement I will just show when is everything done......
I still have to mold his weapon...........I don't wanna make just a normal "katana" japanese sword so any suggestion once again is complete welcome.........
People in this competition is making a lot of hyper tecno weapons machines....So I have to make a sword what is for same...
A hi-tec sword...

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 03-02-2004 , 01:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice going. user added image

Don't feel you have to make a hi-tech weapon if you don't want to.

# 33 05-02-2004 , 05:20 PM

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 34 05-02-2004 , 07:48 PM
* Dirack dies *

# 35 05-02-2004 , 07:57 PM
i love budk. Got 2 of my sword sets from them.

Anyway. If you want something not as traditional. You could always have some sort of freaky design sword that might glow or something, a lightsaber style.

Or if you dont want a sword you could try maybe a kama, or staff, your charactor would look pretty good with dual kamas in my opinion. And they would be easy to model.

# 36 05-02-2004 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Stunning modelling mate, can't wait to see it all textured up.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 37 05-02-2004 , 08:40 PM
kinda glad your norm. Ide hate to have to be judged vs you.

# 38 05-02-2004 , 11:16 PM
first of all I have to thanks Mr. Bojangles

u definitily gaves me a nice idea of what I was thinking......but after I'd cheked the site u told me .......I'm quite worry about u and Twisted.......hey hey boys take it easy......
Lonepig, thanks that u like it......I will reply my new work as soon as possible......
Now twisted....I have looking your work quite frequently and your machine in my opnion is it nice ........but now I fill just a little bit sad to see his weapon......
To be a robot I prefer the weapons set up into the body....like machine guns and some blades coming from some articulation.....in my opinion........
about my level skills I don't consider myself as norm even in 3d Max.......I just changed to norm because I want to my character fight with one cyborg what use a mask with one ball in the middle I forgot the name.......anyway......your project is not so diferent than mine......is just diferent style......in my case I spend most of the time moving dot by dot......until get the shape what I like.....is boring work but if u wanna get there I think u need to across this kind of stuff.......
Now u I belive that u work more in solid modeling leaving the shape more flat.....u know what I mean.......
Just work in the best way u think that it is.......but never give up or leave it before get exactly what u want ..........so if u'r not satisfied with some think do it again.......
I needed to break in parts my character 5 times until the bones get in the right position......
Anyway in the future u will find me in your way.....until there I wish all the best for all the competitor.....for u Twist....I had seen that u'r working quite hard so I hope u get winner....after me offcourse....he he.....

# 39 05-02-2004 , 11:48 PM
I agree with you about my charctors weapon. I decided a staff, although it was going to be failry futuristic... wasnt right, and since ive alteres the arms, legs, joints. Actually i deleted the arms and legs leaving the hands and feet. And rewoprked them.

Witht he new armor i plan on having blades come from the wrist area. And some sort of back weapon, possibly a palidin or linear cannonuser added image

# 40 06-02-2004 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
aaahhhhh... this is really some nice work. What’s the poly count ? and can we see a wire again of the full length ?

# 41 06-02-2004 , 02:25 AM
Yah! Great character! I like the 'look at me clench my hands in rage' pose user added image

# 42 06-02-2004 , 02:55 AM
i always prefered the "If you attack im gunna be mad" poseuser added image

# 43 06-02-2004 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
Astonishing model, I have to say…
Great job!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 44 06-02-2004 , 05:37 PM
haha, glad to help mate, but dont worry bout me user added image

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 45 06-02-2004 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber