Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-04-2004 , 11:40 AM

Lambert...

Please help me- I cann not ungroup objects! When I change a properities of one of my object, all objects changes in the same time. I discover that all use the same lambert properites! How can ungroup it?

My first week with maya user added image

Thank you for any ideas.

# 2 21-04-2004 , 11:59 AM
Subscriber
This may be patronising to hear, but have you tried clicking "Edit > Ungroup" while the group is selected? That should work fine for what you have described.

If, however, you mean that you have 'combined' the objects into a single polygon object for example, then you could select it and click "Edit Polygons > Separate". Hope this helps.

# 3 21-04-2004 , 12:03 PM
if it is a problem of geometry
most probably you duplicated em with instance turned on. delete em and duplicate again, this time make sure instance is off

if it is only a shaders problem
just create more shaders and apply ech one to each geometry(use hypershader or multilister)

if it is truly a problem of groups
open the outliner open the group with the objects and move em outside of the group node

# 4 21-04-2004 , 03:30 PM
along the lines of dragonfx: to me it sounds that you just have to create different shaders and assign them to your objects. Just a reminder: lambert gets assigned to objects by default, so unless you create and assign different shaders, all your objects will have lambert.

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...
# 5 22-04-2004 , 07:03 AM
My main problem is that I do not have *help file*! I walk thrue Maya like a totaly blindman. I use Maya4.0. I am sure that if I have *help file* all things should be easier to me. I just want to try 3D software- how it works, how to eat this... I swich from Adobe(photoshop, illustrator) and now all things changes! ("Can u imagine"... that CTRL+C, CTRL+V... do not work!)
Edit>ungroup wont help.

I think that Dragonfx understand my problem- I think that is shaders problem. When I create some 'primitives'- all have the same initialShadingGroup.

In Command feedback; Maya wrote: "Error: Can't rename a readonly node"

How can I turn off in duplicate copying the instances?...

Once again-thank you for any help.

# 6 22-04-2004 , 07:17 AM
Go to Edit>Duplicate>Options box and uncheck the "instance" node.