Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-06-2004 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber

Organic modeling 2

Hi,

I´m kinda new in Maya since I want to switch from 2d 2 3d. I´m still working with ple until i´m sure i´m worth enough to by my own copy of unlimited. Well, it also depends on holding the deadline for my recent project which would bring in enough money - since Alias lowered the prices. Oh, yes I also apologize my bad English cuz i´m German but hanging around in English speaking 3d forums helps quite a bit i think, so I hope it´s not to bad. Damn - talking talking talking - where´s my question?

Here:
is there a reason why Kurt doesn´t connect the neck to the body? Maybe it saves time when blendshaping the head? I´m still a newbie, sorry for that dumb question user added image. Well maybe he does it later but i´m still at video 5 and my points ran out user added image.

thx for help

Cya
Andy

# 2 23-06-2004 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber
Oh yeahuser added image

and is there a way to cut a polygon in 2 peaces by selecting the edges? like the detaching tool for nurbs. Because I connected the neck and the body and i forgot to save before

# 3 23-06-2004 , 03:08 PM
I like to have my heads seperate and you are right about it being easier to blendshape. But you dont have to its pretty much just as easy as having the head together.

To cut the head use you split polygone tool and make a small new edge line just above a edge that is already on the neck. Once you have made the new row select the faces, then delete the faces. Once that is done go up to edit polygons find seperate and click it.

That should do it=). Hope I made sence.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 23-06-2004 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
Thx!

Now that I´m in UV layouting of my Char I see it also would be good to have things like hands and feet seperated. That´s kinda fun! UV´s make me sick. Is it possible to do them seperated on a second model and then maybe - project them together on the original one?