Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-12-2002 , 01:49 PM

New Position In Australia!!

HEy everybody! I have been offered a position for a company as an animator/sales engineer, but the kicker is, is that they are going to send me to Australia for 2 years for schooling and training where their corporate office is loacted, with housing paid for and a company car. user added image I am thinking about it, they need to have an answer by January, thought that I would ask for your advice. After the two years in Australia, I have to have at least one aditional year with the company in the States. Its not fun movie animation or FX, its just animation for an engineering company taylored to specific projects. Thanks,
Brian

If you want check out my WIP's and Finished work.

# 2 05-12-2002 , 02:04 PM
Wow, sounds like a delicious offer. If you like that type of visualization then why not?

Atm it's -15 celcius outside and friggin dark here in Finland so I wouldn't mind some Australian sun user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 05-12-2002 , 02:07 PM
I thought we had it bad. lol. its about 11 deg f here. Well, since i have about 2 mo to decide, then I am going to try and finnish my reel, and see if that can get me anywhere, Animation or matchmovin. thanks,
Brian

# 4 05-12-2002 , 04:05 PM
Paid housing and a company car.

Do it.

If for no other reason than to buy more time to fine tune your skills while they flip the bill.

# 5 05-12-2002 , 04:30 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jamesh
Paid housing and a company car.

Do it.

If for no other reason than to buy more time to fine tune your skills while they flip the bill.

paid housing and a car is not always a good thing to have. ok ok it is cool, but they bind you to the company with such presents.

and brian, be sure you dont sell yourself too cheap, dont underevaluate your skills. and money cannot make you happy if the job sucks ...

# 6 06-12-2002 , 06:17 AM
SM Alumni
Beach house???
That would be cooluser added image

Good luck

gimme everything u got
# 7 06-12-2002 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
find out which side of australia man it matters - go the west user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 8 06-12-2002 , 09:22 AM
Subscriber
Looks like an opportunity! (of course) If I were you I'd start asking myself what I would want to expect out of this. And secondly ask the employer-to-be some questions. The answers may not be that accurate, but I guess it will give some indication of what to expect of the job. I'd ask about the level of commitment "required" and ask what this company expect out of YOU.

But then again I have no experience in this kind of job, I have only worked with accounting.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 9 06-12-2002 , 11:50 AM
west?

no no no no no. [aliG]Eastside is best![/aliG]

# 10 06-12-2002 , 01:17 PM

New Name

hey guys thanks for your opinions, aparantly I don't have permission to do anything at all with my old name Brian_ellebracht
Does anybody know why? Well, its me. Thanks for your opinions. Yes, the position would require alot of work, about 60% engineering work, 40% animation. I will know by the 6th of January. thanks for your replies.
Brian

# 11 06-12-2002 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
if you use Brian_ellebracht it might not work as your account is brian_ellebracht - maybe it makes use of capital letters. you should try to delete all cookies, as you can set it up so that you dont need to type your password if it is your own computer using cookies.

hope that helps

# 12 06-12-2002 , 06:40 PM
Thanks but I have allready done all of that. I can log in with out any problem I just don't have permision to do anything, under my name where i have posted, now it says "awaiting email confermation or something like that? Why is that? THanks,
Brian

# 13 07-12-2002 , 08:23 PM

hello again

Speedy is now no more. :mingun: lol. I was speedy for a while, I was having an identity crisis! No, but now my original username is back, brian_ellebracht, so I am going to use that from now on.
Brian
:banana: