Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-02-2004 , 06:43 PM

first car model

this is my first real model in maya. I took a somewhat older type of car because of its not to difficull shapes. I rendered it with maya software with a global illumination faker. Please let me know what you think of it.

thanx

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-02-2004 , 06:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Very nice! user added image I think your GI faker is detracting from it a bit, though. GI_Joe perhaps? It sometimes leaves that shadowy stuff that you can see around the door. I think some nice car shaders on there, a cool garage scene, and you'd have a nice piece of work there. user added image

Good stuff!

Are you missing windshield wipers? Not sure if that model has them or not.

# 3 28-02-2004 , 08:03 PM
cool model ..

About the shadow thing Mike is talking about, here's the solution if you are using stuff like CPS or PolyProxy:

Select your base object, go to the attribute editor, in the Render stats roll out deselect the Recieve shadows parameter... and render again, and you should see the wierd shadow no more user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 29-02-2004 , 02:22 AM
no it's actually a nurbs model. Maybe i should just use mental ray.
i study architecture, so i usually model buildings. There file size is often to big to render with mental ray on my computer.
And you don't have much time if your assignment is due the day after.

it's a little bit late so don't 'pay attention to my bad english.

# 5 06-03-2004 , 12:07 AM
Cool model!

-------------------------------------------
# 6 06-03-2004 , 12:22 AM
Looking wery nice man, for how long you are in modeling..

<edited by mod>
please do not post warez requests here...

# 7 06-03-2004 , 12:37 AM
Nice car! My only crit is the text on the licence plate... Looks too thick to me...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 06-03-2004 , 04:58 AM
Very nice job!

The hood seems a bit over burned. Lighting is tough though. I can't seem to find this mystic GI_Joe thing. I checked out highend_3d and there is nothing in the downloads sections called "GI_JOE". There are a half a dozen GI shaders but I don't want to start randomly cluttering up my Maya setup with script files that might affect my configuration. Since I don't know a lot about installing and removing scripts I have been trying to work with the base software. Don't want to try to install something then get goofy results and not know if it is something I am doing or something the scripts I have added are doing.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675