Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-12-2005 , 08:23 PM

i cant skin this head!!

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me with this problem. I seemed to have skinned a character set up the ik handles and point/orient constraints for the characters body which all works fine..however i did not skin the head along with the body at first..i was still working on it at the time and now i have all my blendshapes done and added some more geometry to the head such as eyes and hair etc. i tried binding this to the skelleton yet it says cannot bind because its not in its original binding position..is there anyway i can get past this without basically deleting all my work?

# 2 13-12-2005 , 08:25 PM
also something i should ad is i must have parented the geometry of the first version of the head to something cuz that moves just fine...its the alterations i did..like the hair/eyebrows/eyes that stay where they are..and its stumping me

# 3 13-12-2005 , 10:55 PM
Skin on joint3 was bound at a different pose. Go to the
bindPose to attach new skins. if you can´t figure out what the skeleton´s joint XYZrotations were when you bound the skin onto it, I guess you might try to save your weight maps from the body and then detach and bind skin again. then you just need to import your weight maps from the body and weightpaint the head - I think.

# 4 14-12-2005 , 12:06 AM
yeah didnt work..the problem is if i detach all my stuff i loose a bunch of history that i need for my rig to work..also i have eyes that are nerbs on a polygon body..im a student so i probably did it wrong..but is there any simple solution? that minimizes the loss of work hrs?

# 5 14-12-2005 , 12:37 AM
If you want to post your scene, I could try to find something.