Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-03-2008 , 03:21 PM

Freeze Transformations Error

Hi,

How can I freeze transformations again after I attached a rigid body to a mesh? I did the following:
- created a polygon cube;
- translated/scaled it;
- created an active rigid body attached to it;

Then, when I do Modify->Freeze Transformation, I get this error:

"Error: Freeze Transform was not applied because pCube1.translateX has incoming connection."

What does this mean, how can I freeze transformations after I attach a rigid body?

Thanks.

# 2 17-03-2008 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
i think you kill the history and freeze transformations before you make it into a rigid body.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 17-03-2008 , 03:44 AM
Yes, but does that mean that once I create the rigid body it's not possible to freeze transformations anymore?

So if I decide to rotate the cube after I create the rigid body, I have to delete the body, rotate cube, freeze, then create the rigid body again?

# 4 17-03-2008 , 05:34 AM
Subscriber
plan your work better so you know what you are doing.

if you want to work on the fly like that, yes i think you will have to create it again.., so get it where you want it, do what needs to be done freezing it, whatever.., then work from that.

block it out first

create a camera so you can look through it and see the same scene from the same angle everytime

or key frame the perspective camera at 1.., that what if you move it yo just need to hit rewind and you are back inplace.

someone else might have a beter clue than me but it sounds like you need to make some clear decisions for yourself user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 17-03-2008 , 07:18 AM
I'll just only create the rigid bodies at the end then, after everything is in place and I've frozen the transformations. Thanks!