Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-01-2010 , 04:23 PM

stupid question about the interface

alright when i look at tutorials there is always this attribute box to the right of the screen...
i think i used to have that, but i guess i messed up somehow.
anyway, this is what the right side of my window looks like:

user added image

and thats just no way like it looks on the tutorials :/ it kinda frustrates me, and makes the tutorials harder to follow.
so... are there anyway to set the whole interface back to default, or can you help me out fixing the attributes box?

thanks in advance user added image

-Craksy

# 2 01-01-2010 , 04:31 PM
The thin red line
Could you post a picture of what the tutorial are showing

# 3 01-01-2010 , 06:12 PM
well i tried to take a screenshot of the video, but it just turned out black... i suppose it has something to do with the way the software renders the image.

anyway i got it working, and this was what i wanted:
user added image

i really need to try harder before i start cryin on the forums -.-'

even though i solved it myself, i wanna say thanks for the quick response user added image

i apologize for my poor english, and the waste of your time :/

-Craksy

# 4 01-01-2010 , 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
That was because those are two different editors, the first was the Attribute Editor and what you wanted was the a split between the Channel and Layer Editors.

- Genny
# 5 01-01-2010 , 11:45 PM
aah i see user added image
but you do see/edit the attributes of the selected object in the channel editor? :S user added image
i guess thats why i called it the attribute box

# 6 02-01-2010 , 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
Yes you can , but unlike the Attribute Editor the Channel box by default displays only some of the common and basic attributes like transforms and such without the sliders and buttons and it takes up little screen space which sometimes comes in handy.

- Genny