Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-02-2019 , 12:57 AM

Retopology for animation

Hello guys, I'm new in retopology and I'm trying to retopologize this character (see attached) to animate it in Maya. So far I realized the crotch and the butt are really bad retopologized because of the deformations I got in the rigging.
What about the face? mouth edges, eye lids, cheeks. Do you think the polygons are following a nice path? what a about the vertex where 5 edges converge? are they well located to have smooth transformations?
What else could I improve?, I would appreciate if you can give me some feedback using grease pencil or any tool you use to make annotations on the mesh. Any tip, trick or online guide is highly appreciated too.
Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files
File Type: zip body.OBJ.zip (178.4 KB, 1021 views)