Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-04-2004 , 09:52 PM

Referencing a model in a scene..?

Hey guys!!

Point me to the right direction, the main use for referenced model instead of importing a model in a scene is to have the ability of modifying the reference model at the source and see the changes in the main scene, am i right?

I mean if I have a scene and a reference model and i animate the model and do whatever i want and then i want to add something to that reference model lets say an aditional light or a aditional sphere .... i open the scene that has the original model, add the stuff I want and automatically is added on the reference model
and the animation and stuff on the main scene remains intact?

Thanks in advance!!!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....