Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 31-03-2008 , 11:27 PM

Im not sure what this symbol is........

Could anyone tell me what these little yellow balls mean? This should be a Joint symbol.....

Thanks,

Jo

Attached Thumbnails

www.jowand.com
# 2 01-04-2008 , 12:18 AM
hmm.. not sure, but those balls are green. user added image

do you get the same thing if you try to make the joint chain again?

# 3 01-04-2008 , 01:05 AM
Do you mean delete it and do it over?

www.jowand.com
# 4 01-04-2008 , 02:08 AM
no. user added image just try making a joint chain sepaate to your character and see if the same thing happens again - that way you can keep an eye on it and see when the symbol changes and work out what it is.

i don't have too much experience with rigging but it looks like you maybe have something connected to it - maybe an ik perhaps?

but really, if it's not messing you up at the moment then i would just keep working.

by the way - there's some nice scary work on your site jo. user added image

eughhh.... user added image

# 5 01-04-2008 , 02:42 AM
I think it's an IK handle as arran suggested.

# 6 01-04-2008 , 03:27 AM
Thank you.... I'm going to investigate..... Its a tricky business aye!! ha ha, I think I need to come back to it tomorrow, I have been working with IK handles but all the other joints have avoided the grape's! Thanks for the compliments on my work!!

Jo

user added image

www.jowand.com
# 7 01-04-2008 , 08:44 AM
Thats the symbol for a cluster?
Symbols inherit the shape node underneath it.

Did you some how parent the shape node to your joint transform, use the comman parent -add -shape cluster1 recently? user added image

# 8 01-04-2008 , 08:08 PM
Yes. That symbol is for clusters. How you managed to get it in there without knowing, I have no idea. did you use a pluging or script to set some stuff up?