Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-01-2016 , 05:21 PM

Navigation and Nurbs Curves help

Hello!

I am switching from XSI to Maya. Wanted to ask about tablet navigation and curve tools.

1. Can I switch the navigation controls for Maya 2016? Would like to setup more of a Mari tablet navigation interaction model. (alt+shift & alt+ctrl) Trying to hit the right and middle mouse buttons on the pen disrupts my flow.

2. In XSI if I have a bunch of curves, I can use the hair brush to push and pull the vertices with a nice falloff. Does Maya have a comparable tool? I find I am selecting vertices manually and using soft selection, move, deselect, repeat. Would be nice to just have a "brush" tool to push and pull at random.

Hope someone has some tips to help me with those items.

Thanks!