Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-12-2009 , 05:58 PM

Modeling (Help!)

Im modeling the face. trying to select and delete the other half so I can just focus on 1 side.

Anyways whenever I try to select the left side of the face to delete it, it selects the right one too.

This feature saved me alot of time modeling the body, but i need to disable it for now.

Please help!

Thank you

# 2 19-12-2009 , 06:23 PM
The thin red line
I think you have reflections on, one the left hand side double click the move tool this should bring up the tool settings on the right hand side, look for reflections and untick that.........dave

# 3 19-12-2009 , 06:33 PM

Originally posted by daverave
I think you have reflections on, one the left hand side double click the move tool this should bring up the tool settings on the right hand side, look for reflections and untick that.........dave

Thank you dave! It worked user added image