Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-03-2010 , 09:22 PM
The thin red line

Vertex to locater

Hi
I have a problem were I click on the vertex but the locater is in the postion that the vertex would be if I pressed the 1 button any ideas..........thank dave

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-03-2010 , 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
I think that's normal, as that is the actual position of the vertex.

- Genny
# 3 03-03-2010 , 08:25 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yeah, that's the position of the actual vertex, while the other one is just the smooth mesh preview surface position. If you press '2' on your keyboard, you'll see your original mesh over the top of the smoothed mesh. Then you'll be able to edit/see your original vertexes directly, while maintaining the smooth mesh preview.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 03-03-2010 , 09:09 AM
The thin red line
This has only just happend, before the locater was over the vertex when I pressed the 3 button, all I did was go to display show non planer faces then this happend? thanks for your replys.......dave

Edit: I must be wrong I just reset pref still the same.......thanks all the same......dave

Last edited by daverave; 03-03-2010 at 09:41 AM.
# 5 03-03-2010 , 12:08 PM
I have been using maya for a very long time and I am quite sure hardware smoothing acts the same as poly proxy mode where the move widget is always on the vertex cage position not the smoothed position.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675