Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-04-2010 , 09:42 PM

Hull not working right

Hi ya'll, I'm watching a tutorial on how to make a curtain, and they make a nurbs plane, and the go into component mode, hull mode, then selecting every other hull pull it forward, but, when i select mine, is weird i have these color gradient points that i think are preventing me from pulling these right, almost like a gradient =weight or something, i mean i can get the result, but then my curtain shape end up way far in front, and the axis is all messed up ... any ideas on what setting could possibly be on, or what am i doing wrong?

Just trying to grab every other hull, and pull it to make the wavy shape.

user added image

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
"Edmund Burke."

www.dudeprinting.com
# 2 10-04-2010 , 09:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
You might have soft select on... try hitting b to toggle off.

# 3 10-04-2010 , 09:45 PM
dude you're a genius, it worked, any idea where in the menu this resides, just for future ref, in case I forget the shortcut.

Tnx

"Edmund Burke."

www.dudeprinting.com
# 4 10-04-2010 , 09:47 PM
EduSciVis-er
It's in your tool settings, double click on the move tool for example, and scroll down the options in the tool options box on the right.

# 5 10-04-2010 , 09:52 PM
Oh yea i see it ... freaking genius man ... tnx

"Edmund Burke."

www.dudeprinting.com