Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-04-2003 , 05:58 PM

Texturing a polygonal mesh...

Last edited by synergy55; 05-04-2003 at 06:26 PM.
# 2 05-04-2003 , 07:01 PM
The Maya Mountain
anything automatic isn't necessarily going to give you results that you want. I'd recomend doing it manually.

# 3 06-04-2003 , 08:28 AM
with planar mapping or there is an other answer?

i use 3dsmax and there is a flatten mapping command working perfectly. Anything equal in maya?

Thanxs all user added image
BBye

# 4 06-04-2003 , 08:53 AM
The Maya Mountain
I usually use planar mapping, yeah... Depends on the geometry's shape, of course.

Maya has the Relax UVs that kinda spreads them out evenly. I like to have more control over it though.

From my experience, generally people have a hard time transitioning between Max and Maya and vice versa (as well, I'm sure, for other such programs) because of the fact that people get used to one program and expect another to work exactly the same way.

I know when I've (briefly) messed with Max, I would break out in "Why can't they do it like Maya?" lol

Just be patient. user added image

# 5 06-04-2003 , 11:11 AM
thank you for ur help!
bbyeuser added image

# 6 06-04-2003 , 09:35 PM
There are a couple of good poly texturing videos in the VIP section. You've also got a tutorial on Mike's page (see his link above). I highly recommend checking them out.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job