Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 10-09-2010 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
I can checker pattern stuff all i want but if there's some stretching I don't know how to fix it. I can move the uv's around and see the checker pattern moving but it never looks right. I'm still pretty clueless on that part.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 17 10-09-2010 , 01:45 AM
Lifetime Member
I will PM you mate ok?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 10-09-2010 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
yeah sure

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 19 10-09-2010 , 03:08 AM
Lifetime Member
if you imagine cutting a seam down your model and opening up so it lays flat on the ground kinder like a sewing pattern for clothes, thats what your UV map should look like ..all the UV quads should look relatively the same as your vertices on your mesh..i.e same size and shape as close as possible.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 10-09-2010 at 03:11 AM.
# 20 11-09-2010 , 02:16 AM
Lifetime Member
How did you go mate?? sorry I didnt forget you...just busy at work for now. I tried to skin one last night...it is fine until it gets to the sloped part..then it goes funky. Im workin on it

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes