Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-01-2015 , 05:38 PM

Maya Sound sync and rendering with sound?

Hi. We can add sound on maya project in timeline. But how can we render it with sound?
I render my projects so:
I do batch render and save my all frames as _#.iff and I use a program for combine this iff files and convert to avi. Even so I cant hear any song or the quality is not very good despite of I cgoose rendering options high quality (1080p) on maya render options.
I convert avi without sound. Okey I will put voices on sony vegas. But I cant put voices stable.
For Example; I do an animation and there is a boy who is says "Hello my friends". This animation is 10 second on maya timeline. but when I render it it will be 15 second or less. So I cant put my sound as stable on my animation.

So my question is; Can't we do video render on maya without different program? And Can't we render with sounds?

Sorry for my poor english. Thank you. user added image

# 2 29-01-2015 , 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Unless you're doing playblasts, then no I don't think you can. The sound in the Maya timeline is more of a helper feature. There are reasons why rendering straight to video from Maya is not usually done and some renderers don't even offer the option.

- Less control over the final look
- Vulnerable to data loss

Make sure your Maya frame rate and your compositing/video editing project frame rate are the same or you'll get mismatching running times. Also it sounds like you need to research better output settings in your video editing program.

- Genny