Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-06-2004 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber

Cant See image on Image plane problem

Hi can someone help,

I am going through some of the tutorials that I have downloaded from, simplymaya.com. I am currently doing the, Mummy tutorial, and the problem is that in the beginning, the tutor takes you through setting up and assigning .jps to the planes.
My problem is that, when I assign the .jpg front view to the plane, using exactly the same technique, I dont see anything on the plane. I used drag and drop using middle mouse button and also doing a right click in lanmbert material in the hypershade and, assign material to selected.

I have a missed something.
PPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEAASSSSeeee can someone help, as I know there are really talented people out there who love to help beginners...lol

Thanks and Regards
Adnan Zia

# 2 19-06-2004 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
have you pressed '6' on the keyboard - this will show textures on the planes

cheers

Rich
# 3 28-06-2004 , 05:44 PM

Originally posted by ziaadnan
PPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEAASSSSeeee can someone help, as I know there are really talented people out there who love to help beginners...lol

That's what we're here for. user added image

I would think it's as easy as doing what cb8rhw said. Hit the 6 key and you should be good to go.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 17-07-2004 , 03:39 PM
I'm having a problem as well. I've imported an image into the front view camera via the camera attributes. All that I get is a black plane, even after pressing 6. However, a different image that i used to just test the feature, worked. Now using a different image with the same compression, .jpg - 64k, won't work. Does anyone have any idea?

# 5 17-07-2004 , 03:47 PM
I figured it out. The image resolution was way too big, had to knock it down into the 700s instead of 1000x1500.

# 6 17-07-2004 , 03:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
if I'm not mistaken, jpgs can't be progressive. Not sure 100%, though. I generally stick with tga images with no problems.

# 7 08-08-2004 , 05:45 AM
I had a similiar problem before..i saved the files as TIFFs and worked perfectly...

so you learn forever