Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-11-2002 , 03:44 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the Maya 4.0 file, appreciate your help.

# 17 15-11-2002 , 06:48 AM
LOL! How big is that "BigAssDrive"? user added image

BTW: What is that annoying little beeping sound throughout the entire video? It kept making me want to check my watch! :p

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu

Last edited by dave_baer; 15-11-2002 at 06:54 AM.
# 18 15-11-2002 , 06:55 AM
160 gig firewireuser added image

Gift from my girl a while back.

Aptly named, don't you thinkuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 19 15-11-2002 , 06:56 AM
You know, I thought that was just me, but I think it might be my Target microphone.

Ill have to get a new one, and see if that fixes it...

Sorryuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 20 15-11-2002 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
hey Izzy, I JUST finished watching the entire tutorial..(2:44am now user added image) and it was very good!!

that little noise was pissing me off too but it's ok..user added image

-Emo

# 21 15-11-2002 , 07:51 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's not THAT bad. lol

I figured it was a server or something in the background. That's what it kinda sounds like.

# 22 15-11-2002 , 08:33 PM

Originally posted by dave_baer
BTW: What is that annoying little beeping sound throughout the entire video? It kept making me want to check my watch! :p

user added image

LOL! I knew it! I´m not alone, I kept checking all my watches, cameras, everything! I knew it had to be the video! I´m not crazy! I´m not crazy!

<adldesigner runs and throws himself through a window ... 13 stories high.> user added image

# 23 15-11-2002 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
oh there were beeps? did not notice. but what really made me laugh every time are the "but anyway"s. no they are good, its your style ragecgi, but it is still cool feature - much better than the beeps. :banana:

# 24 16-11-2002 , 12:45 AM
Mmmm.. I wanted to make a tutorial video for you guys but when I try the video and sound skip like crazy. Could be my PC isn't up to par? darnit! Time to upgrade. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 25 16-11-2002 , 01:31 AM

Originally posted by babyduck
oh there were beeps? did not notice. but what really made me laugh every time are the "but anyway"s. no they are good, its your style ragecgi, but it is still cool feature - much better than the beeps. :banana:

My girlfriend says that I say "Um" too muchuser added image hehe...

I gotta stop thatuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 26 16-11-2002 , 01:32 AM

<adldesigner runs and throws himself through a window ... 13 stories high.> user added image [/B]

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

.......phlooomph.

Ow.

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 27 16-11-2002 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber
lol
i just finished watching both the vids and they are very good, cleared up a lot of things for me (like channel information in file formats)
but i noticed u had a lil trouble with photoshop changing the colour of ur layer, u prolly figured out why by now, but for everyone else that doesnt know: user added image
u were sliding the lil slidey thing in the colour picker, that doesnt change the colour of ur image/layer, it just simply allows u to select a colour
to change ur image colour, go to image>adjustments>hue/saturation
that changes the hue/saturation of the entire image
or to change it for just one layer, go to ur layer control box, add a new adjustment layer, and click hue/saturation as the adjustment layer

hope it clears some things up user added image
loved the vids btw user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 28 16-11-2002 , 12:23 PM
Kevin
thanks for the info nem!

# 29 16-11-2002 , 05:54 PM

Thanks!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nem - i just finished watching both the vids and they are very good, cleared up a lot of things for me (like channel information in file formats)

Thanks Nem!

--but i noticed u had a lil trouble with photoshop changing the colour of ur layer...u were sliding the lil slidey thing in the colour picker, that doesnt change the colour of ur image/layer, it just simply allows u to select a colour

Actually, I WAS selecting the color blackuser added image hehe...
You have a great eye for detail Nem!
You just happened to notice where I paused the video, filled the layer transparency with black, and started up the vid again after I had done thatuser added image
I just skipped over that fill part because I felt that it wasn't nesseccary since I had already talked about filling it with black.

to change ur image colour, go to image>adjustments>hue/saturation
that changes the hue/saturation of the entire image
or to change it for just one layer, go to ur layer control box, add a new adjustment layer, and click hue/saturation as the adjustment layer

Good one!
There are many ways to change overall layer color, but the 5 main ways to change a specific color in your image are as follows:
1. image>adjustments>hue/saturation
-The default is the "Master" color range, but you can alternativly choose to affect only a specific rgb color channel if you want as well. i.e - reds, blues, greens, cyans, majentas, yellows, and greys.

2. image>adjustments>replace color
-works like a curves call in that you are working with the full spectrum-sine/cosine rgb color values.

3. image>adjustments>selective color
-works like hue/sat in that you can isolate a primary color spectrum.

4. (my favorite) image>adjustments>channel mixer
-works like a levels call on steriodsuser added image
It adjusts the main luminocity values of a given color space.
Great for creating those, "day for night", or "night for day" shots where shadow detail is important in a low or high contrast film stock.

5. image>mode>multi-channel
-allows you to change the color space to reveal the cyan, magenta, and yellow bands for detailed keying and control over your chosen spectrum.
BTW, this is the main function in a variety of 3rd party color keyers for compositing.

loved the vids btw user added image

Thanks again!

The vip vids will be a LOT more detailed, and I will show MANY different ways of doing thingsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 30 17-11-2002 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
5 ways?? wow! i have a lot to learn user added image
i dnt have VIP access user added image what type of stuff are the vids about in there?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com