Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-08-2006 , 04:11 PM

Problem with converting back to subdiv

Hey, I'm working on a object I am converting between polygon and subdiv all the time, but when I was converting it back this last time something strange happened, and it doesn't look like I'm able to find out how to fix it. So if anyone could help, it would be great.

On the first picture of my attached image file, it's a subdiv, on the second it's a polygon, and on the third you see the problem when it's converted back to a subdiv again.

# 2 17-08-2006 , 04:12 PM
Forgot to attach the image file :blush:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 17-08-2006 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
make sure that you have in subd to poly options that you want to convert to the lowest in this case that would be vertices and a level of 0
then it should turn back nicely

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 4 17-08-2006 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
did u undo the convert via ctrl+z or click covert s 2 p
cos sometimes wen u do undo it goes wrong

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 18-08-2006 , 01:12 AM
:blush:

I found out I had to press 3 to display the smooth version again after converting back. Strange I think, but I should have thought about that before! Thanks for trying to help. user added image