Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-09-2006 , 01:47 AM
Subscriber
The bags under her eyes are making her look high.

Its getting better though. I quikly photoshoped your pic to ajust the dimentions a bit. Everything has been squashed down a bit and the eyes and mouth have been lowered. In my opinion you should use this as a guide to change your dimensions a bit.

Keep it up user added image

Attached Images

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 17 24-09-2006 , 02:37 AM

clarity

i just read my posts and am not surprised your not sure what i meant ... im not sure i get what i ment but ... i think the distance between the eyes and the mouth is too great my scribbled skull sujests that the line of the lips should happen at the bottom of the teeth in my scribble ( long noses tend to meen shorter top lips, generaly speaking the skull proportions stay the same)

# 18 24-09-2006 , 05:47 AM
Neat guys, thanks for the tips.

Hey bruce, you didn't offend or anything. I was just curious as to what you meant. I think I'm understanding though. I'll try to see what modifications I can make. Now let me see here....

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 19 24-09-2006 , 06:31 AM
Does this look any better?

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 24-09-2006 , 08:16 PM

moving to the positive

i think the eyes are still about 1/10th too big and perhaps you could do with a little more width through the cheak bones ... rather than looking at reference pictures of a female face try looking for a couple of skulls (the details will be up to you and your creativity the skull will just give you anatomical boundries and help you spot anomilies (i wish there was a spell checker). 1 other thing i have been watching ... where the fore head turns back on either side of the head, should be narrower than the max volume of the ball of the brain box ... there is a bit of a depression behind the ridge that edges the forhead and then it rounds back out to form the brain box ... i need to say at this point it is looking realy good i am jelous of the mesh mine are still way too messy even i can see and i dont know nuthin' bout' such things

# 21 25-09-2006 , 01:28 AM
Thanks bruce. Hey that skull reference idea isn't bad at all. I have a couple anatomy books with skulls in them (well actually they are my younger brothers... he's an artist too, only he's more into 2d art). Off to work again... :attn:

# 22 25-09-2006 , 02:35 AM
and a 3/4 type view...

Attached Thumbnails

# 23 26-09-2006 , 05:48 PM

looking better

harp harp harp ...eyes, still a bit too anime ... with the cheaks volume riding so low like they are, it gives the face a very juvinile apearance dont know if your after a young girl or a older one if the volume was to rise up to match zaigomatic arch (if that is how you spell it) it would allow for sinking the flesh in under the cheak bones very fashionable amoungst the thiner of us it allways looks beter in 3/4 ey ... i have just started a patch model of my own but am having lots of trouble understanding the tools reference in the tutorial ... word are obviously not the authers strong point ... crawling forward, but soon (it is always so much easier to pull someone elses work back on track we always see it much more clearly ey

# 24 26-09-2006 , 11:42 PM
zygomatic arch. user added image I am going to have to see if I can fix it. I hope so.

# 25 27-09-2006 , 09:38 AM
Well, i tried to make some more changes to the eyes, not sure what to do to make them look less anime. I finally attached ears... yey. I tried to make her look a little older, I agree that she looked fairly young. I'm not sure if she still does.

This is the part where I need the most tips. I have never attempted to give a model hair. Considering that I don't have to make any more major tweaks to the model, I'd like to consider giving her hair. I played a bit with maya hair and didn't much like the result. So if anyone is a little experienced in making stylish hair, I wouldn't mind a few tips. I would prefer to give her curly hair, but I will settle for anything as long as it looks good.

Oh and here is a quick shot of the current progress.

Attached Thumbnails

# 26 27-09-2006 , 03:31 PM

hey looking much better now

i guess with the eyes its that they are too symetrical eyes are more shaped like armonds than footballs so they are almost flat across the top narowing to the outside almost, maybe, .. fish form, swimming to the nose as it were

Attached Images
# 27 27-09-2006 , 06:47 PM
I would suggest that you look at some reference pictures, but as your not using any.....

# 28 27-09-2006 , 11:30 PM

# 29 28-09-2006 , 01:17 AM

i have been looking at the eyes for ages

i think its that the actual eyeball is too big it may also be that it is not quite eyeball shaped ... an eyeball has a smaller globe protruding out where the pupil is that forms the lens this affects the shape of the curve accross the the eyelid and maybe this is the part of the prob' ... there is one last thing i cant stop myself from saying (sorry just a little obsessive/retentive) the skull should swell out a little behind the ears giving the brain box a little more roundness ... see scrible (sorry only got pain again very hard) ... excuse scale just the general jist

Attached Images
# 30 28-09-2006 , 01:51 AM

i found this, it may help

see if you can get an idea of the scale of the orbit in relation to the zygomatic arch ... (Note new spelling)

Attached Images