Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-05-2007 , 10:03 PM

Think~ Video YouTube

This is just a small snippet of a movie that I have been working on for my high school animation class. I do have a team, but I seem to be the only one who cares and so great results are hard to come by. I'll post with some more of the story later on, but for now my character is thinking of what to do next.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 2 07-05-2007 , 01:06 AM
Hey Man, looks pretty good, the movements are a bit mechanic if you get my meaning, its like his arm movemennts are all one speed, if you add a couple of keys (or you might not need to) and tweek the shape in the graph editor (using the tangent tools) so its a but of a curve at both ends (for the acceleration and slow down) I think it would look better.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-05-2007 , 11:42 AM
I noticed that the animation was only about 6 seconds long but the time slider went to 1:04. Is part of the animation missing?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 07-05-2007 , 11:49 AM
You get to do maya for high school? Holy crap im jealous! nice animation btw

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 5 08-05-2007 , 11:56 PM

Originally posted by Perfecto
I noticed that the animation was only about 6 seconds long but the time slider went to 1:04. Is part of the animation missing?

Yup. there was a frame stuck way down the road like you noticed when I put it into Adobe Premiere. I did find it and fix it before I put it into the final project. We have a debut showing today for the BYU animation professor and some other people from around here. It's exciting. I'll post the video later.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 10-05-2007 , 03:55 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Ok, i've watched the entire 1:04 long movie that was for the most part in black and white(without the white):angery:
hoping there would be a follow up ,but allas.

but seriously;although i like the animation and the concept there are somethings i think should be different: at the last part of his thinking proces he first smiles and then his arm goes up very smooth and slow, now i'm just guessing that the idea just pops in his head , try to make him act like he does ; the smile and the arm must start simultanously and the arm must go up more swiftly while the other arm goes down.
his chest should bulge out and his eyes must be wide open his smile bigger, in short exagerate every movement.
when he's in the beginning of his thinking for instance, try to make him breath heavily and deep(use a blendshape for this) and make him push up his helmet and rub his forehead with his hand and if you let him look downward it would be sweet .
try adding some more light to the scene and use lineair decay and a large drop off on your spotlight increase the intensity a lot when you use linear decay(like 30 orso)
and make the keylight a little bit yellow(but still white)

good luckuser added image

Last edited by mastone; 10-05-2007 at 04:03 AM.
# 7 10-05-2007 , 04:39 AM
Whoaaa 3-d in high school? Arent you around 15-years old at that time? In sweden we can choose between art and woodcraft at that age. user added image

# 8 10-05-2007 , 05:04 AM
I could choose for example programming when I was 14, (17 years ago) so must go/have gone to a very bad school...

# 9 10-05-2007 , 05:10 AM
Indeed, blasted suburb schools. >: P

I did manage to get ahold of a flash and html class when I was 16 years old (Different school tho)

Last edited by Weyu; 10-05-2007 at 05:20 AM.