Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 07-11-2007 , 10:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Just a quick question to make sure .....

I have entered this competition with the idea of the Alice in Wonderland white rabbit playing golf.

I'm assuming a rabbit falls in the category "character" - agree ?

# 32 07-11-2007 , 10:35 PM
Id presume u can do a animal as a character - as mike said for an example, hamster olympics - and im planing on modelling a rhino 4 my character so it should b ok. user added image

# 33 08-11-2007 , 12:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah that's fine. looking forward to it!

# 34 08-11-2007 , 09:11 AM
hey i had an idea of doing like a sport televised on like a 3d television set and people and like a ball coming out of the tv into a guys lounge room would this be ok

# 35 08-11-2007 , 07:37 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure, if you do the work that's seen on the tv and not use an image from some place else

# 36 09-11-2007 , 04:36 AM
thanks heaps

# 37 29-11-2007 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
I haven't been here in months, but now I'm back (for those that even might have the smallest idea who I am). I think I'll try something out for this... this is my first challenge, and I have needed a project to do for a while now. I'm thinking I'll do something like underwater archery (though that is subject to change), with some sort of special targets. I'd still consider myself somewhat of a beginner, but I'll give this a try (though I might be busy over the next 3-4 weeks).

TheFourRiders

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 38 29-11-2007 , 12:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
looking forward to it!

# 39 05-12-2007 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
ok - kool i think i will give it a go i always have problems coming up with ideas so this will help me! i think mines gonna be go-kart themed... its motor sports after all!

# 40 15-12-2007 , 08:53 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
OK this is going to seem really stupid... but i thought i might ask anyway :blush:

Could my entry possible be based on a Board Game???

I'm not going to model the actual board, but rather bring the Concept of the Board game to life in a "Real" sport.

Such as the board game 'Battle Ships'...... user added image

Let me know!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 41 15-12-2007 , 09:30 AM
The Maya Mountain
I suppose that could be ok. Just depends on what it is, I suppose. user added image

# 42 15-12-2007 , 10:19 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hmmm, thinking about it. It's not going to be such a great idea, and plus it would barely fit within the guide lines.

I'll try and think of something.

What about Futuristic Fooseball?

Two guys duking it out, with a futuristic Fooseball table.

Would you except Fooseball as a sport?

Thanks for the reply. user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 43 15-12-2007 , 10:35 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure, that's fine. I think it'd be cool to see it from the fooseball player's perspective! user added image

# 44 30-01-2008 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Hello Mike

I am sorry I am a bit late on asking advice. I wanted to create a egg beating contest theme. I know it does not exist but where I use to work in some hotel some years a go in the kitchen we use to play and kind of compete with each-other who would beat them the faster so they stay still and don't fall when You flip the pan upside down. Do You think that is a good idea I have allready started making some character and the enviroment for it and now I am working on the textures and some lightning. Do You think That can qualify for the challange? I hope it does. I am puting my heart on this one and spend to many hours allready.

Thanks

# 45 05-02-2008 , 07:29 PM
Aww, I hope we see some entries soon. user added image