Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-05-2008 , 12:26 PM

Batch render not working on Mac book pro?

Hi,
I'm trying to batch render a 168 frame animation using maya software renderer. I have left it for over an hour, several times and still it shows no progress. This is the message in the script editor from when I start till over an hour later every time.....

// Result: saving temporary file /Users/jowand/Documents/MAYA Stuff/mayaProjects/support_files/project4/scenes/beach__401.mb //
// Result: Rendering with Maya Software... //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (doing frame 1) //

Can anyone suggest anything?

Attached Thumbnails

www.jowand.com
# 2 05-05-2008 , 03:25 PM
Hmm, very hard to tell.

You've got it set to multiple frames in the render settings (I always forget that!!)

What are you rendering with?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-05-2008 , 05:07 PM
I'm trying to render with maya software. I set the start frame and end frame but i cant find a button for multiple frames, It's maya 8.5..........

www.jowand.com
# 4 06-05-2008 , 08:12 AM
Senior Software Developer
In the Global Render Settings ensure you set the settings to anything that is not marked with (Single Frame), than set your start and end frame

Oncve thats done go to the Render Menu and choose render > batch render Options. Tick all processors, if ur using a daul or quad processor and leave it.

It can take a little time for it to start kicking off and once it starts it will shoot through. This all depends on your PC and its hardware capabilities.

Best to post what you are doing and we can advice if your going wrong from there. I normally start a render and then go watch a movie...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)