Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-10-2008 , 07:16 AM

Adding Eye Blinks to Animation

Hi,

I've created a 20 minute animated human head with lipsync to an audio track, and now want to start adding characterisation and detail. Eg. eye blinks, eybrow lifts etc.

I have blend shape controls for these and can obviously add them manually.

My question: is there a way using clips or trax or whatever to capture an eye blink keys and then add at appropriate times in the timeline without destroying the existing flow.

I find the help files on all this confusing.

Just realized I could use a MEL script to get the current time, modify the blend shape values, increment time, set values...etc.

As I haven't programmed in MEL before, this could take a while!

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by robja; 11-10-2008 at 08:31 AM.
# 2 13-10-2008 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
Depends what you wanna use it for. Ive used the traz editor before but have since found out its realy mainly used in the games industry?

Whats it for? user added image

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 3 13-10-2008 , 05:29 AM
Yes, Trax is more of a editing tool for clips and short sequences, joining and blending them.

I struggled with MEL and finally found the right attributes to change. It's easy if you use the blendshape controls manually and then view the script editor to see what happened. Copy and paste chunks from this and you have a good base.

I added some timing, a rand() call and it works well.

Thanks for the reply.

Rob