Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-02-2011 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

When I select an object I have to wait few seconds.

user added image Hello! I am a new user in Maya 2011. I really want to know this software, actually I'm study it now. But I have a problem with it. When I select an object I have to wait few seconds after that I can do what I want with that object and when I select another object I have to wait few seconds again user added image. Do you know why it happening??? Is this is Maya's configuration which I need to change or my Macbook Aluminum is slow?
The macbook has: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard 10.6.6, GeForce 9400M 256MB. I can run very good other softwares, I think that Maya must work fine on it.
Anyway can you give me an advice? How can I do to work faster and do not wait when I am selecting an object?
Thank you for help! user added imageuser added image

Last edited by olegcotuna; 21-02-2011 at 03:25 PM.
# 2 24-02-2011 , 05:29 AM
Allthough I have 16 Gig RAM myself here I got similar behaviors when working on million(s)+ polygon scenes. if you have a very heavy scene try to put stuff on layers and make them reference.

if you have same problems with just 2 simple cubes in the scene it might also be a graphics card driver issue.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 28-02-2011 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
Thank you for your advice I already fix the problem. The macbook work fine with the software the problem was in the version which I had I just download another version of Maya 2011. It doesn't slow down when I am selecting the objects.
Anyway thank you for your help user added image.