Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-03-2003 , 12:12 AM

HY.. I Need your help..!!!

whats the best book explain MAYA 4.5 and lenguage MEL for beginner ??
user added image user added image

# 2 25-03-2003 , 09:18 AM
Subscriber
I've heard alot of good things about the book Maya 4.5 Fundamentals, I think places like Amazon.com stock it, I'm thinking of getting it myself, after mucking around with tutorials and such I'd like to get something concrete like a textbook to learn from too.

# 3 25-03-2003 , 09:26 AM
i've got maya 4.0 fundamentals... it good to learn the ui and the basic stuff! but as much as i know it don't really teach you MEL...

what i like is, that it has some tut and in this tuts you learn how to use maya... (most of the tuts are also on the cd as vids)

# 4 25-03-2003 , 09:53 AM
Kevin
Hi and welcome to SM

Check out this mel book here:

-----------------------------------

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com

-----------------------------------

Mark also pops in here ocasionally and is a great guy...so if you need any help regarding the book Im sure he wouldnt mind user added image

# 5 25-03-2003 , 01:57 PM
Yup...Kev's right. For learning MEL, Mark's book would be a great start.

Maya fundamentals 4.5 is great for getting started. I have the 4.0 version and learned alot. There are tons of videos going over each step for every chapter which helps quite a bit.

If you want something that goes more into detail into every little thing, the new Maya 4.5 saavy looks good, also.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 25-03-2003 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
I've heard good things about the Mel for Animators book. I think I might get a copy of it myself user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 7 25-03-2003 , 07:49 PM
I am a totaly newbie to 3d-progs. and the maya is my first.
i've bought maya fundamentals and it realy helps me alot!

amazon.com got it (thats were i got it form)

sorry for the bad english.. im from norway : )