Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-08-2006 , 03:11 PM

make very easy and best good looking Tire in 5mins

hi guy's . you can(everyone) make very easy and simple most good looking car-tire without bumpmap or other difficult option in 5 mins. here have a look at the image. this is without colour. I'm making the tutorial in next day. because i want explain easy and simple. just let me know how can I put my tutorial here. because have some images of my maya and my work. wait for tutorial.

:bow:

Last edited by 3danimationmaya; 19-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.
# 2 19-08-2006 , 03:42 PM
hi guy's . you can(everyone) make very easy and simple most good looking car-tire without bumpmap or other difficult option in 5 mins. here have a look at the image. this is without colour. I'm making the tutorial in next day. because i want explain easy and simple. just let me know how can I put my tutorial here. because have some images of my maya and my work. wait for tutorial.

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 20-08-2006 , 08:34 AM
Subscriber
cant wait to see the tutorial

# 4 23-08-2006 , 07:28 AM
hi guy's here is tutorials. have looks at the images. sorry for not extra explanation. i try my best,

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 23-08-2006 , 07:29 AM
here the escond section

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 23-08-2006 , 07:31 AM
here the 3 section

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 23-08-2006 , 07:33 AM
here the section 4

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 23-08-2006 , 07:34 AM
here is the final

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by 3danimationmaya; 23-08-2006 at 07:43 AM.
# 9 23-08-2006 , 07:45 AM
end

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 24-08-2006 , 03:17 PM
Hey there. In my early programming classes, I actually popped together a little tool that was supposed to do the whole calculation thing that you mention in step 2. I have the file still, but I seem to remember a problem with making it rotate on the right axis. I'll include the original file, and if it's screwy, lemme know so I can try to fix it. I'll test it when I get a chance next time I'm at the college (Don't have Maya at home). There's a couple extra tools I put together; Nothing amazing, but feel free to utilize them if you have a use for 'em.
Edit: Just a little note; I think it's the first tool, "Create Array" or something like that. I used Cinema 4D prior, and while the program wasn't as advanced, it had a tool called the Array Tool that did exactly this. I named it after that, ignoring the multitude of things called arrays in Maya.

Attached Files
File Type: mel gdfinalproject.mel (6.9 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by THiA; 24-08-2006 at 09:18 PM.
# 11 25-08-2006 , 12:00 AM
thanks for replay. let me know what tools is? but this one (duplication) the easy way for maya beginer's to use it. want the people just start the learning maya . they don.t know anything about the mel script or tool's.

your tool may the best.

thanks and good luck with animation antonio sydney

# 12 25-08-2006 , 04:05 AM
I apologize; I'm not entirely sure I understand, but I'll try to explain 'em.
When you start Maya up, down on the bottom there's a white bar (Your average text box) and a grey bar to the right of it, with a small button to the right of that. Clicking on that opens the script editor window. Click "File," then "Load Script..." and open the script provided in my previous post. A bunch of lines should pop up in the box. Hit Alt + Enter, and it will load the script. I've set it up so that the three tools will pop open in a new tab on the top, next to Custom. The tools are Array Tool, Populate Tool, and Mirror Tool, in that order, I believe.
Array Tool - This is the tool you're looking for. Pressing the button opens up a small window that asks for how many copies of the object you want to have around the circle TOTAL (E.G. Including the one you've made), and around what axis to rotate it. When you hit the "Make Array" button, it will then calculate the rotation for each one, and make the array for you.
Populate Tool - When I first made this, I thought it'd be useless. I then used it in my next project. Basically, what this does is take the object selected, and create a large number of it across a specified area. There are options for variance in the duplicated versions, so that you don't have a field of exact duplicates. I used this in a project in which I needed to have a crowd of people far off. I created a simple NURBs cylinder shape vaguely human-shaped, then ran this over the area I needed the crowd, instantly creating a variety of sizes of people. I will admit that there's issues with it, but it beats duplicating an object sixty times yourself.
user added image
Mirror Tool - I don't remember if I finished this one. What it's supposed to do is take whatever object you've made, and duplicate it across the Y axis. I think this could do that second step, making the mirrored treads on the tire, but I honestly don't reccomend using this tool since I don't remember how it works, and don't remember it working correctly.
I'll provide a couple example shots later, to better explain.

Last edited by THiA; 25-08-2006 at 04:21 AM.
# 13 26-08-2006 , 05:36 AM
Wheeoo, I like how this turned out. Used your tutorial for it! The only problem I see is that it becomes a very high-poly wheel. I think it's something like 7k out of 14k polys used total (For one leg only).

Attached Images

Last edited by THiA; 26-08-2006 at 05:41 AM.
# 14 03-09-2006 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Nice tutorial ill have a go at that when i get home!!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 15 04-09-2006 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
in 3d-palace.com there is a section in the forum where you can post your own written tutorials. you should send it in. i sure it would help alot of ppl.

cheers

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!