Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-11-2009 , 04:00 AM
EduSciVis-er

Meet Meline

Don't know if anyone's seen anything about this project, but it looks really cool.

https://www.vimeo.com/7708580

The documentary gave me a very interesting quick overview of what a it looks like to use maya all the way through modelling, rigging, texturing, lighting, animating...
Not sure what they used for compositing, didn't look like AE.

# 2 20-11-2009 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
Been following this for years now - it looks so sweat

# 3 20-11-2009 , 12:49 PM
They are so passioned

# 4 20-11-2009 , 09:23 PM
Subscriber
wow that was really cool to watch! I wish I had the skills to make an animated short.

# 5 20-11-2009 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
does anyone actually use AE these days?
not sure what it is either

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 20-11-2009 , 10:18 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm guessing one of fusion, nuke or shake, but having never seen the GUIs for those...

...still, very inspiring work for sure.

# 7 20-11-2009 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
so interesting. Its incredible how much the post production adds, Ive never seen or looked into post-production techniques so I never think of them when I try and deconstruct 3d things that I see. I just love looking at the untextured look of it aswell. The section where you see the girl walking about the room but everythings just grey and you see all the topology, something about that just fascinates me.

# 8 22-11-2009 , 02:00 AM

Originally posted by stwert
I'm guessing one of fusion, nuke or shake, but having never seen the GUIs for those...

...still, very inspiring work for sure.

The software they used would be Autodesk's Combustion.

# 9 22-11-2009 , 08:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Super! They must've gotten a real kick out of doing all that! On two laptops as well!!! The tools don't make the master after all. user added image

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 10 22-11-2009 , 06:34 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" The software they used would be Autodesk's Combustion."
-Are you sure? My first guess would be Flame or Smoke, combustion is to slow I think to work with terabytes of files.

" Super! They must've gotten a real kick out of doing all that! On two laptops as well!!! The tools don't make the master after all."
-but good tools do help and please don't think they only had 2 laptops, the laptops they had were not laptops from the discount department and at one point in time they had to press the renderbutton I don't think that their laptops would have managed that user added image

Lovely work though