Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-09-2011 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber

No scale manipulator in viewport

The scale manipulator is not showing/displaying in the viewport. I trashed ~/My Documents/maya/2012-x64/*, and still do not get the scale manipulator in the maya file. I do however get the scale manipulator handles when launching Maya. Is there some way I can copy/paste the geometry I have in one scene along with an image plane I have setup, because I really need the scale manipulator.

I also managed to upgrade the driver to my video card to the latest version, but that did not help either.
Attached is a copy of the scene file I am working with.

Attached Files
File Type: zip moto08b.zip (35.4 KB, 241 views)

cheers
-C
# 2 05-09-2011 , 04:44 AM
Lifetime Member
works fine on my version mate...2009....something weird. Does it work in any of the wiewports?? worked in all four on my machine.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 05-09-2011 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
eek, this is sounding like a problem with my hardware/software setup, I guess I will try and figure to copy all the geometry from one scene to another, and see if that fixes it.

cheers
-C
# 4 05-09-2011 , 10:47 PM
press the + key a couple time to be sure you have not reduced its size. + and - keys increase and decrease the manipulators size.

Also, make sure you have not hidden the manipulator by accident. These icons/controls are at the top of the channel box.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 05-09-2011 at 10:50 PM.
# 5 06-09-2011 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
Appreciate the help, FWIW the + and - keys on both the numpad, and above the qwerty keys both worked in scaling the manipulators, but the scale manipulator still refused to show up.

I performed a series of exports which seemed to do the trick until something happened, and the manipulator stopped showing up again. I really need to get a better computer to use Maya. *sigh*

cheers
-C