Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-06-2006 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber

Animation in real video

How in the world do you incorporate Maya image sequences into video footage taken from a digital video camera?

Last edited by sampson01; 05-06-2006 at 12:09 AM.
# 2 07-06-2006 , 06:08 AM
Subscriber
Generally, it's all done in another program like After Effects. I imagine you can also composite it all in Maya, but when I first learned Maya several years back, we were taught to composite it all in After Effects, which is a program designed for compositing and gives you much greater control. of course there are numerous other compositing programs out there, but I'm most familiar with After Effects.

Generally, your "live action" video is captured and digitized, and the individual frames are imported into Maya (for purposes of planning the 3D animation). You then render in layers, and bring it all into After effects where you can add an "Alpha channel" (basically a transparency channel so you can see the live action behind the imported 3d character). You can also add effects like fades and wipes, and you can drop in multiple layers of sound and sound effects.

I may have left a lot out, but that's generally how it's done!

"Ad astra per aspera..."