Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-09-2006 , 07:44 PM

Jedi Fighter Wing Issue

Hi, I'm currently trying to make the jedi fighter, and I'm pretty close to finishing the modelling itself en get into texturing.
However, when I render there is one little thing that bugs me, it doesnt look quite right and I am not able to fix it (I tried a lot but didn't get what i wanted)

here's a shot of my model:

user added image

The detail I'm talking about is the line where the wing was split in half. There's something about the looks of it that just doesn't look right (especially where the left gun goes into the wing, the space between the two halves is not too big I think, but it doesn't look right either), can someone help me as to why that is and how to fix it? Any other hints/tips/comments on my work are very welcome also.

thanks a lot

# 2 03-10-2006 , 09:00 PM
Do this put edge loop split with MJ tool and face toward in try that might help u

# 3 03-10-2006 , 09:58 PM
Hi,

thank you for your help but unfortunately I don't understand what you mean. Could you try to explain this a little more in detail please? If anyone else knows what the guy above means, all help is welcome user added image

# 4 03-10-2006 , 11:27 PM

The detail I'm talking about is the line where the wing was split in half.

Put next to it