Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-05-2010 , 06:27 PM
Subscriber

Dragon

Here is a dragon i did for an online contest. I did it all in Zbrush and composited in Photoshop. It could be a little better but i did it in a little over a week in just my free time. Also my computer needs a RAM upgrade for sure. It didn't like a mesh this big in Zbrush. I needed to retopologize but didn't have time. Just did what i could with what i had. The good news was my new Radeon HD 4670 graphics card preformed nicely. All and all i think it came out pretty good.

Attached Thumbnails

CDV

Last edited by slatamilian; 03-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.
# 2 03-05-2010 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
that is an awesome looking dragon, love it! Great work, keep it up user added image

# 3 03-05-2010 , 07:07 PM
The thin red line
Hi slatamilian
Nice model and texture.............dave

# 4 05-05-2010 , 04:02 AM
Subscriber
nice job with the texturing, pulled it well user added image

# 5 06-05-2010 , 02:51 AM
Subscriber

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. They are greatly appreciated.

CDV
# 6 20-05-2010 , 10:21 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
first off bang for buck ati radeon hd 4830 is the best at that specific price range and your model looks great would be easier for you to start out with a maya basic low poly model to have complete control

# 7 21-05-2010 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber

True

Murambi

Yes very true about starting in Maya. I was using this as an exercise in Zspheres. I wanted to see how i liked them as a starting point. I have to say the freedom of just doing is awesome. Not having to think about polygons was kind of nice. Though i did figure out that i would be better off starting in Maya. My original plan was to retopologize for practice also but i ran out of time and just had to go with what i had. I also would have liked to render inside of Maya instead of Zbrush. I feel like you have sooo much more control within Maya. I did learn a lot but i will probably start my next project in Maya first. Thank you for the input!

CDV