Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-09-2002 , 01:59 PM
Subscriber

Photoshop... texturing????

how do you texture an object with the help of photoshop??? or can you paint colors on an object directly in maya? i heard it is possible but if any one of you know how to do it can you pls tell me?

user added image

# 2 28-09-2002 , 02:22 PM
Hmm .. you might want to check Maya´s doc on that one (or take it to the texturing forum) since entire books have been written on the matter, and explain how to handle U & V´s, make Geometry consistent and then texturing with Photoshop is something I think is out of my scope ... however you might want to try this.

Open your Hypershade, create yourself a material for the object itself, then in the materials atribute, click on the checkered box next to color, and in the created node choose interactive texture (or something like that -i don´t have Maya open right now so I don´t remember the name exactly-) ... Then browse for the texture and voilá you have a badly textured file (but textured at least) .. unless you actually start tweaking the U & V´s user added image

Might want to try the Sword texturing tutorial on the VIP section .. great explanations there.

Hope it helps ...