Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-11-2008 , 10:10 AM

extrude circular face out of cylinder?

Can someone please tell me how I could extrude a circular inner part of the upper face of a cylinder? (with the same center as the face)

# 2 03-11-2008 , 06:24 PM
To be exact, the question is how can I extrude a face out of the already extruded face? (like a telescope). The first time is easy, I increase the caps # and select the inner circular face, but the extruded cylinder that is created does not have any caps attributes to it..

# 3 03-11-2008 , 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
A screengrab would help. The problem is confusing for a couple of reasons, even though you're saying face it just seems like its actually a selection of multiple faces. It should be as easy as using the same selection and making another extrusion, if you find that you need more caps than you initially dialed in, just make an extrusion and scale it inwards a bit.

- Genny
# 4 03-11-2008 , 07:13 PM
that was a simple thought! thanks, genny!

it is actually a face, if you delete the unwanted edges, as i did. i just didn't know that you can scale the extrude tool.

Last edited by sifidis; 03-11-2008 at 07:27 PM.
# 5 04-11-2008 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
O_o

did you know you can also rotate and change it from local coordinates to global coordinates

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D