Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-05-2006 , 10:07 PM

High School Kids Portfolios

If there is anyone interested in checking out what high school kids are doing in 3D, I have a whole portfolio set up. Check it out, they could use the criteques and comments.

GTI 3D Animation Lab Portfolio

If you want to check out the overall site for the high school, here is the link

GTI Animation Lab Site

<a href="https://www.graniteschools.org/ss/gti/MainPage/FinalPages/ChalmersMain.html">GTI 3D Animation Lab
# 2 21-05-2006 , 10:26 PM
Im not even in high school yet (nxt year :attn: )

look at links in my signature to see what I am doing.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 22-05-2006 , 02:24 PM
I am getting a lot of lookers, but no comments back. Here is a taste of one of the pieces my students did.

Attached Images

<a href="https://www.graniteschools.org/ss/gti/MainPage/FinalPages/ChalmersMain.html">GTI 3D Animation Lab
# 4 22-05-2006 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
are you from the states? It is incredible what kind of subjects you guys can do in high school! In my high school days I had the choice between geography history and social studies. No way of even thinking about touching a 3d app.
But it looks quite cool.

# 5 22-05-2006 , 05:55 PM
Yes, Utah has 3D Animation offered to almost everyone in the entire Wasatch Front.

# 6 22-05-2006 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
wow I wish I could have been in 3d class ..yet alais ...cant go back to high school ...good projects there ...amazed

# 7 22-05-2006 , 07:35 PM
Wana come down to Florida and teach here!?! :attn:

# 8 24-05-2006 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber
America high school is 18 to 19 right?
I was really worried! great pieces of work here

as 3D is erm "relatively new" does age matter much getting work?

Im probably a late starter at 26!...

-----------I need to learn maya quickly!
# 9 25-05-2006 , 03:32 AM
These are kids that are between 15 - 18.

# 10 26-05-2006 , 08:08 AM
simply amazing. even though they're just following a few tutorials and then taking their knowledge and applying it, i've gotta say i'm impressed with the kids' results. you can't expect much of high-schoolers learning this early, but there seems to be a lot of untapped talent in your class(es).

at the same time, there were no 3d classes offered at my HS (stupid catholic college prep school blah) so i had to take drawing 1 and 2, and then go to college primarily for film, with a concentration in 3d computer modeling/animation. if i took a few more months worth of classes i would love to become a professor or even just a teacher so kids could learn about the trade they want to focus on earlier in life. just seeing the projects they turn in would be payment enough...

Accept no substitutions.
# 11 26-05-2006 , 11:31 PM
Here is a new one that one of the students just uploaded. These guys blow me away with what they can do.

Attached Thumbnails

# 12 27-05-2006 , 12:08 AM
just them- sorry, but some of the teens here make better work than them too...

I don't know, me, Some Guy, gohan, (old user) MetallicJet66...

I am very sorry for not sharing your enthusiasm.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 13 30-05-2006 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
i'm 19 and i am using 3d programs for 3 months now and my latest work is
user added image
that is my first project that is almost completed tbat was done in a week or so. maybe it's with a tutorial but i still had to do all the work myself.
in 2 years i'm going to game devolpment school to study for my bachelor degree