Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-03-2009 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber

Removing UV layout?

I did a UV layout of my sea creature and went to attempt painting and realized just how SLOPPY my layout was. So after weeks of contemplating I finally decided I should redo the UV's and spend some actual time on laying them out.

My question is, can I remove the previous UV's that I have sitting in my UV editor? Or am I pretty much stuck with these UV's? I hope I can redo them.

# 2 29-03-2009 , 06:26 PM
Subscriber
nevermind, didn't notice that under Polygons in the UV interface that there was a "Delete UV's" option

# 3 29-03-2009 , 09:33 PM
The Nurb Herd
you could also just planar/etc map them again, you don't have to delete them.

# 4 29-03-2009 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
thanks for that info, I'm just going with a fresh start though. I'll keep that in mind when I lay out uv's on another project and rush through them the first time and have to go back and redo them, haha.

# 5 13-09-2014 , 05:51 AM
I had to necro this tread just to thank you. So simple to delete them, yet I checked everywhere else but in the first menu.