SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Problem opening files

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

22-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Oldblock
Subscriber

Problem opening files
Something has changed. Accessing files from within Maya doesn't work any more, when I try to open a file (File>Recent files>etc) Maya goes through the motions but nothing appears.
If I go the file via Windows Explorer and double click on the file, a new Maya starts up and the file opens as normal.
It looks like I've corrupted something so how do I fix things so that I can get files from the File menu?
I'm running Maya 8 in Windows 7
22-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
marlonjohn
Subscriber

I dont know if its the same as a problem i been having for a while, but i can never double click on a maya file and open it like that as it will open with nothing inside it. I have to open maya and then Go File>Open.